ACALOS for AFC released Posted
Friday, May 08, 2015 by Stephan Ewert
The adaptive categorical loudness scaling (ACALOS) procedure and the loudness function fitting according to Oetting, D., Brand, T., & Ewert, S. D. (2014). "Optimized loudness-function estimation for categorical loudness scaling data," Hearing Research, 316, 16-27 is now available for download.
1.40.1 available... Posted
Friday, February 27, 2015 by
Some flaws regarding font sizes and the splash screen in Matlab 2014b have been fixed and the updated version is available for download.
1.40.0 released... Posted
Monday, August 04, 2014 by
I am pleased to announce that
a new version of AFC is finally online and available for download. For those who don't know AFC, let me shortly
introduce it: AFC is a versatile and highly flexible tool to
design and run alternative forced choice measurements and auditory
model simulations in Matlab.
AFC is freeware for educational, academic or any non-commercial
use. AFC requires no specific hardware or sophisticated programming
Here is a short summary of the features of the AFC 1.40.0 release:
- free configurable n-interval, m-alternative forced choice
- transformed up-down, staircase, method of constant stimuli
- response collection via computer keyboard, mouse or touch
- configurable language and feedback settings
- subjects can be human or computer model
- inbuilt computer model scripting and examples
- inbuilt tools for stimulus debugging
- inbuilt calibration and external hardware control tools (e.g., TDT)
- only basic Matlab scripting skills required to design
- example experiments included
- no special hardware required
- customizable use of third-party sound output tools
- students can use it on any computer running Matlab
freeware license for educational, academic or any non-commercial
- fully downward compatible to experiment files from any
previous AFC version since 1999
- shipping with a AFC-specific free version of SoundMexPro with full 2-channel support
ACALOS for AFC... Posted
Friday, August 01, 2014 by Stephan Ewert
The adaptive categorical loudness scaling (ACALOS) procedure and the loudness function fitting according to Oetting, D., Brand, T., & Ewert, S. D. (2014). "Optimized loudness function estimation for categorical loudness scaling data," Hearing Research, in press is coming soon ...
Posted Friday, March 15, 2013 by Stephan Ewert
My AIA-DAGA poster can
now be downloaded by clicking this link.
Posted Wednesday, March 13, 2013 by Stephan Ewert
A new release of AFC
is currently prepared for release and I have relaunched the
website after 8 years for the AIA-DAGA
2013 - Conference on Acoustics, where I am presenting
the upcoming 1.30 version of AFC. I have closed the download
section for the time being. The site will be updated shortly
after the meeting. Thanks for your patience and thanks for
using AFC during the last 14 years.
1.30.0 in the making...
Sunday, March 10, 2013 by
I am pleased to announce that
a new version of AFC is currently in the making and expected
to go online soon.